Following the past 5 years of initial studies, design development, consultation, 2x applications to the HLF, detailed designs, planning applications & then a minor re-design, your patience and support will be rewarded in 2016 when we see work start on the restoration of Cassiobury Park.
In December, Borras construction was appointed to carry out all works in the park. They are based in St Albans and have worked on numerous Parks projects (including HLF funded) with experience of landscaping work, new buildings and restoration of heritage buildings.
- The contract start date is proposed for mid-February, this means that the contactors will be in the park setting up their works compound (based adjacent to the car-park) & access routes in the 2 weeks prior from early February.
- The Hub building and pools area work will start first with a 55-week programme and completion in March/April 2017.
- A resident’s newsletter will be delivered shortly to all roads adjacent to the park informing of work dates/information/what to expect/contact details etc.
- There will be a ‘construction blog’ on the WBC website.
- The Cha café will remain open until at least the beginning of March.