The Friends of Cassiobury Park was formed in 1973 to encourage greater interest in the park and to represent the interests of users. At the time the Friends challenged proposals for the development of the park, which were felt to undermine the area as a unique place of natural beauty and tranquility. Times have changed, as have demands on the Park, but our main aim is still to maintain and protect this wonderful local asset.
We are a charity, run by trustees under a constitution with the following aims:
1) To assist in preserving and enhancing the natural appearance of Cassiobury Park wherever possible.
2) To initiate the planting of new trees, where required, in consultation with the Council.
3) To assist Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust to manage the area designated as a Local Nature Reserve.
4) To encourage the protection of wildlife in the park.
5) To keep members informed of any proposals affecting the park and, where appropriate, challenge the Council.
6) To support the Council by providing regular volunteer working parties to undertake litter clearance and by reporting problems, such as acts of vandalism.