As well as Friends of Cassiobury Park work parties every month, there are other special events such as guided nature walks, an early morning spring bird watch and an evening bat walk. These are usually led by the Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust.
In addition there are many other events in the park. These include:
Sports events (such as the Watford Half Marathon, Race for Life, Watford 10K and the Peace Hospice Fitness Challenge)
The Funfair every Whitsun Bank Holiday weekend
November’s Firework display.
What’s on in Cassiobury Park this Spring?
Cassiobury Explorers Holiday Club
Wednesday 12th April and Wednesday 31 May, 10am-2pm. Learn forest skills at a secret location in Whippendell Wood.
Good Friday 14 April, 1-4pm. Easter bonnet and hat making in Cassiobury Park. Chocolate eggs for those taking part. Everyone welcome to drop in. Meet near the Cassiobury Park Hub.
Guided heritage walk
Sunday 23 April, 11am-1pm. Join this walk in Cassiobury Park to learn the history of the historic beauty spot. From private estate of the Earls of Essex to public park of today.
May Day celebration
Monday 1 May, 1-4pm. Come and see Morris dancers and take part in craft activities to welcome spring to Cassiobury Park on the terrace at the Hub. Drop in any time.
Guided nature walk
Tuesday 16 May and Saturday 20 May, 10am-12noon. Learn about wildlife and habitats with Rob Hopkins of the Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust. With FREE refreshments and cake afterwards.
Friday 19 May at 7.45pm. See real bats and learn more about them.
Children’s Poet-TREE competition: Saturday 11 March to Thursday 20 April
Part of Big Wordfest. Write a poem about what you have seen, felt, heard and smelt at Cassiobury Park and hang it on our Poet-TREE. The best poems in each age group (5-8, 9-11 and 11+) as judged by the Watford Writers, will win book tokens from Waterstones and the runners up will receive a Cassiobury themed gift.
Booking is essential for all of these events, so please contact: Tab McLaughlin,Education Officer Cassiobury Park. Tel: 01923 278590 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other upcoming events :
- 7th May Sponsored Walk in and around Cassiobury Park and Whippendell Woods, in aid of Arthritis Care, Watford. For more details contact Jette Hansen – email@example.com
- Watford colour Run, Sunday 21st May – Click here
- The NightLight Walk, Saturday 8th July – Click here
- Push it for Peace, Saturday 23rd September – Click here
- Every Mon 10:00 – 11:00: Stroller Strength. £3. Burn calories and tone up. Meet in Gade Ave car park. More info 07709 342329 or http://www.mumsofsteel.com.
- Every Wed 9:30 – 11:30: Free Bring Baby Boxercise. Punch your way back into fitness. Meet in Gade Ave car park. More info 07709 342329 or http://www.mumsofsteel.com.
- Every Wed 19:00 – 20:00: Free 16+ Learn to Run Club. Ladies beginners running course. Meet in Gade Ave car park. More info 07709 342329 or http://www.mumsofsteel.com.
- Every Wed 10:00 – 13:00: free Cassiobury Park Green Gym, meet 9:50 behind the bowls club. Tel: 07717 494476 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every Wed: Hertfordshire Health Walks. For a grade 3 walk meet at 10:30 by the bowls club. Meet at 11:00 for a grade 1 walk. For more information on CMS walks click here.
- Every Thu 13:00 – 14:30: Cassiobury Explorers preschool group. Free but booking essential via Tabitha (details below).
- Every Sat, Parkrun; a 5 kilometre run/walk starts from the top of the park 9:00, near the flagpole. Free, but best to register. For more info, click here.