As well as Friends of Cassiobury Park work parties every month, there are other special events such as guided nature walks, an early morning spring bird watch and an evening bat walk. These are usually led by the Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust.
In addition there are many other events in the park. These include:
Sports events (such as the Watford Half Marathon, Race for Life, Watford 10K and the Peace Hospice Fitness Challenge)
The Funfair every Whitsun Bank Holiday weekend
This year’s Firework display is Saturday 4th Nov 2017
For the latest update on all major upcoming events see:
- Every Mon 10:00 – 11:00: Stroller Strength. £3. Burn calories and tone up. Meet in Gade Ave car park. More info 07709 342329 or http://www.mumsofsteel.com.
- Every Wed 9:30 – 11:30: Free Bring Baby Boxercise. Punch your way back into fitness. Meet in Gade Ave car park. More info 07709 342329 or http://www.mumsofsteel.com.
- Every Wed 19:00 – 20:00: Free 16+ Learn to Run Club. Ladies beginners running course. Meet in Gade Ave car park. More info 07709 342329 or http://www.mumsofsteel.com.
- Every Wed 10:00 – 13:00: free Cassiobury Park Green Gym, meet 9:50 behind the bowls club. Tel: 07717 494476 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every Wed: Hertfordshire Health Walks. For a grade 3 walk meet at 10:30 by the bowls club. Meet at 11:00 for a grade 1 walk. For more information on CMS walks click here.
- Every Thu 13:00 – 14:30: Cassiobury Explorers preschool group. Free but booking essential via Tabitha (details below).
- Every Sat, Parkrun; a 5 kilometre run/walk starts from the top of the park 9:00, near the flagpole. Free, but best to register. For more info, click here.