A gentle reminder that our AGM is tomorrow evening, Wed 15th , 7:30pm at St Lukes Church, Langley Way in the Meeting Room on the first floor. We look forward to seeing you there.
And a quick prior update on matters happening in the Park:
- Car Parking
- The payment system is now in place in the main Car Park, you pay by Cash, Contactless or by Phone giving a Debit/Credit Card.
- First 2 hours are free but you must obtain and display a ticket. Three hours are £2 , then an additional £1 per hour.
- Tickets will are currently available from 9:45am but should shortly be available from 8am.
- Rustic Bridge
- Work continues with the new designed side-panels having general approval.
- The bridge will be closed for a day when tarmac is laid; signage will clearly indicate when.
- Access restrictions have meant several other projects have been delayed until work is complete, these include the Willow Spilling and the second phase of new bins on the canal side path.
- Work continues on developing Interpretative signage for the park and the woodland areas, including basics such as nearest toilet!
- While work continues on developing a comprehensive policy, new temporary signs and Park Ranger activity will be targeted at speed reduction and reinforcing that pedestrians have absolute priority.
- Watercress Beds
- We are chasing the Environment Agency who need to approve the plan for the next stage of the development to reinstate this important area of habitat for the Park.
- Park Management Plan
- The new plan will soon be available on our website.
- Forthcoming Events
- AGM Tomorrow St. Lukes at7.30pm
- Big Screen for the Cup Final starts at 4pm on Saturday.
- HMWT will have a pop up Visitor Centre near the Nature Reserve on May 29th(Our Speaker at the AGM will have more details)
Friends of Cassiobury Park